Chef Adrian Miller, Soul Food Scholar
Yield: 2 Quarts
- 2 quarts water
- 1 ounce fresh or dried food-grade hibiscus blossoms (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 ounce fresh ginger, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup sugar, honey, or agave syrup, or to taste
- Juice of 1 fresh lime (about 3 tablespoons)
1. Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove the pan from the heat and add the ginger, hibiscus, and sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
2. Cover and let cool to room temperature. Strain into a large pitcher.
3. Stir in the lime juice and refrigerate until chilled. Serve cold.