Fire up your oven for another Colorado Proud Recipe. This time we’re mixing all my favorites together and making one epic Quiche. Yes, you heard that right… It’s Quiche time in the kitchen. Happy Cooking, Chef Jason
Chef Jason K. Morse, CEC | Ace Hardware Grill Expert | Owner, 5280 Culinary
Yield: 4-6 people | Prep time: 10 Minutes | Cook time: 45-55 mins
- 1 Pie Crust, Deep Dish, 9” Frozen
- 6 Eggs, Whole, Fresh, XL
- taste Salt, Kosher or Sea or season to taste
- taste Pepper, Black, Ground, Fresh or season to taste
- taste Herbs, Italian, Dried or season to taste
- 1 cup Cheese, Shredded, Mexican 4 Cheese Blend
- ¼ cup Cheese, Parmesan, Shredded
- ¼ cup Buttermilk
- ½ cup Cream, Heavy, Whipping
- 8 slices Bacon, Applewood, Thick Cut Cooked and Chopped
- 2 cups Broccoli, Florets, Blanched Rough chopped
- 2 tbsp Parsley, Italian, Fresh Washed and chopped
- Wash all tools prior to use
- Clean and sanitize all cutting boards and prep surfaces prior to use
- Read all manufacturer’s instructions before using oven or any cooking tools
- Pre-heat oven to 350˚ F
- Remove uncooked pie shell from the freezer, uncover and place on a cooking sheet pan.
- In a medium bowl add the eggs, cream, buttermilk, salt and pepper and whisk together until combined.
- Add to the egg mixture the cheese, Italian herbs and parsley and mix to combine.
- Add the chopped broccoli to the bottom of the pie shell.
- Add the chopped bacon on top of the broccoli, in the pie shell.
- Pour the egg mixture over the broccoli and bacon and mix with a fork to spread out ingredients.
- Place cooking sheet pan with Quiche into the 350˚ F oven, on the middle rack.
- Cook for 45-55 minutes or until the center of the quiche is firm. *** Chef Tip: if crust is becoming too dark for you, wrap outer crust with foil to keep crust from further browning***
- When done, carefully remove the cooking sheet pan with quiche using oven proof or heat proof gloves.
- Allow quiche to cool for 5 minutes to set the quiche.
- Cut into 4 or 6 slices and enjoy with some Colorado potatoes